Today’s IELTS class with my student covered conditional structures, mainly because grammar represents one of the four areas of assessment in the Writing and Speaking modules. Producing complex structures shows that a candidate is able to control his or her language well and conditional sentences form part of this ability.
Here are a few online activities you can try on this grammar item:
- Conditional exercises (some exercises and explanations)
- Conditional sentences – Grammar Exercises – Learning English (lots of exercises here!)
- Conditional Sentences – Second Condition – ESL Library (downloadable worksheet)
- Intermediate Grammar | First & Second Conditional Exercise | esl-lounge Student (online exercise)
- Conditional Sentence Worksheets – Real and Unreal Conditional Forms (some explanations and brief practice at the end)
- Conditional Sentences Type I, II and III (Conditional Sentences, If-Clauses)